Car Crash Lawyers: What to do after a Car Accident?
After an accident, your actions directly impact future claims. Here are some pointers for what to do after a car accident:
- Find a safe place for your vehicle.
- Call the Police and/or Medical Personnel.
- Take Pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take Pictures of any injuries directly visible that resulted because of the accident itself.
- Wait for police to arrive to establish liability. Although Florida is a no-fault state, the liability of the accident impacts potential recovery.
- Exchange information with other drivers.
- Collect names/addresses of witnesses who observed the accident and your injuries.
- File a claim with your insurance company: you do not have to talk to their insurance company.
- Contact a crash crash lawyer immediately.
- Make sure to follow up with doctors following the accident.
- Think before you speak. Often times an injured person doesn’t even realize the full extent of their injuries until after the adrenaline of the accident wears off. Make sure you wait for medical staff to evaluate you and you wait for the adrenaline of the incident to wear off before speaking about the extent of your injuries. A good car crash lawyer will help guide you through who you should talk to and when you should be talking to them, if at all.
- Hire an experienced professional to guide you through the process.
If you have any specific questions and need detailed step-by-step instructions, you should give us a call. Our car crash lawyers will walk you through the steps following an accident. When you are injured because of a car crash, make sure to consult with the professionals.