Orlando Best Criminal Defense Attorneys: What rights do you have when you are arrested or charged with a crime?
- Right to Counsel – Every person who has been arrested and/or charged with a crime has a right to an attorney under the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and the 1963 Gideon v. Wainwright case. You have a right to have an attorney present during all important parts of a criminal prosecution, including any police questioning, substantive pre-trial court appearances, and of course at trial. If you are arrested or charged with a crime, you should seek out Orlando Best Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- Right to a speedy trial – Every person who is charged with a crime has a right to a speedy trial, as guaranteed by the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and also the Florida Constitution. For a misdemeanor charge, the State has 90 days from the day that you are arrested to take you to trial. For a felony charge, the State has 175 days from the day that you were arrested to take you to trial.
- Right to Demand Discovery – Once a Defendant has been charged in a criminal case, the Defense have the right to demand the State turn over any and all evidence that the State intends to use against them at trial to the Defense for review, copy, and inspection. This is often essential for the Defense to conduct effective depositions, gain leverage in negotiations with the State, and properly defend their client should a trial be necessary.
- Right to Remain Silent/Right Against Self-Incrimination – If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, you have the right to remain silent. This means you are under no obligation to submit to any police questioning regarding the facts or circumstances of your case. Should you choose to give any statement to police, DO NOT do so without one of Orlando Best Criminal Defense Attorneys present.
- Right to Jury Trial – In a criminal case, you ave the right to a trial by jury. This means that you have the right to dispute the charges brought against you, have a jury of your peers determine the facts of your case, and ultimately that jury will decide whether or not you are guilty.
- Contact Orlando Best Criminal Defense Attorneys today!
- At Smith & Eulo Law Firm, we have the experience and knowledge to handle your case the right way. For the past 7+ years, we have represented thousands of clients in all types of criminal cases, ranging from the most minor misdemeanors to the most serious felony cases. We are here to help you! We serve Orlando, Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Volusia, Lake, Polk, and all other areas of Central Florida.
Orlando Best Criminal Defense Attorneys: Know Your Rights
- Call us today to talk about your case at 407-930-8912 or visit our website at www.smithandeulo.com