2nd DUI 5 years
So what happens when you get busted for your 2nd DUI in 5 years?
- Probation: Up to 1 year.
- Jail: Not more than 9 months. With BAL of .15 or higher or minor in the vehicle: Not more than 12 months. If second conviction within 5 years, mandatory imprisonment of at least 10 days. At least 48 hours of confinement must be consecutive.
- Fines: “Not less than $1,000, or more than $2,000. With BAL of .15 or higher or minor in the vehicle: Not less than $2,000, or more than $4,000.”
- Community Service: At least 50 hours of Community Service.
- Vehicle Impound: At least 30 days
- Enhancement: you are 2/3rd of the way toward a felony. If you pick up a 3rd DUI within 10 years your offense becomes a Felony.
- Classes: Must complete DUI school.
- DL Revocation: 5 year revocation with hardship available after 1 year.
Why Get a Lawyer for 2nd DUI 5 years?
- Because a 2nd DUI 5 years is serious!
- Extreme Consequences: Clearly a 2nd DUI 5 years can have a severe impact on your life.
- Loss of Liberty: Jail, Probation Community Service, Vehicle Impound
- Loss of Resources: Hefty fines and expensive classes.
- A lawyer can help you preserve your rights and minimize jail time and your fines.
2nd DUI 5 years. Questions? Call us 407-930-8912
At the Smith & Eulo law Firm we have litigated thousands of cases, including DUIs and other driving related offenses. When your life is on the line hire a law firm who knows what they are doing. Call the Smith & Eulo Law Firm today to talk to an experienced criminal defense attorney with DUI litigation experience.