Casselberry Criminal Defense Lawyer
Only a 25 minute drive from our office, Casselberry is highly rated as a great suburb to live in around the Orlando area. Despite this, there is no shortage of crime is Casselberry. Most violent crimes are above the national average in the city of Casselberry, and the murder rate is almost twice the national average.
With violent crimes being committed comes long prison sentences, which is where Smith and Eulo Law Firm steps in. Hiring a criminal defense lawyer is almost always in your best interest, as the law is complicated and legal proceedings require a specific set of skills that take years of practice to develop.
At Smith and Eulo Law Firm, we have defended hundreds of clients from the Orlando area, many of which reside in Casselberry. If you are facing criminal charges in Casselberry, contacting Smith and Eulo Law Firm could be the first step towards getting your sentence reduced, or your charges dropped.
What are the most common crimes in Casselberry?
As mentioned, violent crimes are prevalent in Casselberry. However, violent crimes are not the only category of crime committed in the city. The most common crimes in the city of Casselberry are:
- Assault: Assault can be a serious charge in Florida. There are many different categories of assault, like simple, aggravated, and sexual. Assault can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances. Fines vary depending on the degree of injury and other factors, and the penalty for assault ranges from 1-25 years in prison.
- Theft: Theft is split into two different categories, which have varying degrees. The two categories are petit theft, and grand theft. Petit theft involves theft of less than $300, and can result in jail time of up to 1 year for a first offense. Grand theft has many degrees, and occurs when the value of the property stolen is $300 or more. The penalty for grand theft can result in up to 30 years in prison, depending on the circumstances.
- Burglary: Burglary is often confused with theft. Burglary is defined as entering a residence/structure that is not your property, with the intent to commit a crime. Burglary is a felony, and can result in up to 30 years in jail for a third degree felony burglary charge.
Violent crimes above the national average in Casselberry
As mentioned, the city of Casselberry is no stranger to violent crime. Violent crimes usually result in heftier fines and penalties, so those accused should seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Casselberry ranks above the national average in each of these violent crime categories:
- Murder: Calculated per 100,000 residents, Casselberry averages 10.4 murders annually. The national average for this statistic is 6.1. Murder is always a serious charge, and a criminal defense attorney should be contacted immediately. A conviction of murder can result in life imprisonment, or even the death penalty.
- Rape: Rape falls under the the category of sexual battery in the state of Florida. In Casselberry, the average annual occurrence of rape calculated per 100,00 residents is 62.6. The national average for this statistic is 40.7. The penalties for rape vary by degree, but can result in life imprisonment or the death penalty in the most serious of circumstances. Penalties for rape increase significantly when the victim is under the age of 12.
- Assault: Calculated annually per 100,000 residents, the annual occurrence of assault in Casselberry is 347.9. The national average for this statistic is 282.7 annually. The penalties for assault are mentioned in the most common crimes section above.
Smith and Eulo Law Firm can defend you case
Smith and Eulo Law Firm has been operating in the Casselberry area for over a decade, and has a proven track record of successfully defending cases throughout the Orlando area. If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a criminal defense attorney can positively impact the outcome of your case.
Smith and Eulo Law Firm knows the Florida court system, and has extensive experience defending all categories of criminal charges. To discuss your case and find out how Smith and Eulo Law Firm will fight for you, contact one of our qualified criminal defense attorneys for a free initial case consultation!