Driving with a Suspended License, Kissimmee, FL
Ensuring Your Legal Rights
Driving with a Suspended License in Kissimmee, FL
Are you facing charges and need a defense for driving with a suspended license in Kissimmee, Florida? The potential consequences can be severe, but this is not a fight you have to face alone. Navigating the complexities of Florida law is daunting, but with the right representation, you can significantly improve your chances of successfully countering these charges.
Imagine having a seasoned defense attorney in your corner, one who specializes in driving with a suspended license cases in Florida. A knowledgeable attorney can craft a customized defense strategy based on your unique circumstances. Read on to learn more about how we can help you.
Understanding the Consequences of Driving with a Suspended License in Florida
When your license is suspended, it’s important to avoid driving under any circumstances. Otherwise, you could end up facing a criminal offense charge. Law enforcement in Florida can suspend your driver’s license for a variety of reasons: failing to pay fines, driving under the influence, or accumulating too many points on your record.
Driving with a suspended or revoked license is a criminal offense and carries significant penalties that may include:
- If caught driving with a suspended license for the first time (knowing about the suspension, revocation, or cancellation), you could face a jail term of 60 days and a fine of up to $500.
- Committing a second offense could result in a first-degree misdemeanor charge, carrying a maximum penalty of 1 year in jail.
- If you commit a third offense, it can lead to felony charges. This may result in a maximum prison sentence of 5 years and a fine of up to $5,000.
Remember, reviewing your driving record is important if you are convicted of driving with a suspended license. If you get three convictions in five years, the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department will classify you as a Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO) and suspend your license for five years.
Contact Us Today!
Key Strategies for Driving with a Suspended License Defense in Kissimmee, Florida
Now that you understand the consequences of driving with a suspended license in Florida let’s explore the options available for defense. Smith & Eulo is experienced in navigating these cases and can help develop a strategy based on your unique circumstances.
Depending on the details of your case, there are several defense strategies an attorney may employ. These include:
- Not operating the vehicle: An experienced lawyer can prove that the accused was not in physical control of the vehicle at the time. This may include proving that someone else used the vehicle without the accused’s knowledge or consent.
- Lack of evidence: In some cases, an attorney can work to demonstrate that there is not enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused was driving. This may include challenging the accuracy of field sobriety tests or other evidence presented by law enforcement.
Not driving a vehicle on a public roadway: An attorney may assert that the accused was not operating the vehicle on a public highway. This defense could be used if the accused was found to be driving in an area not considered part of a public road or highway.
- Ignorance of suspension: An attorney can work to prove that the accused was unaware that their license had been suspended, revoked, or canceled. This defense could be used if the accused was not properly notified of the suspension or did not receive notice from law enforcement.
- Not a motor vehicle: In some cases, an attorney may argue that the vehicle in question is not a motor vehicle and, therefore, the charge should be dismissed. This defense could be used if the vehicle is considered a recreational vehicle or scooter.
- Improper police procedures: If the police fail to follow proper procedures when arresting or charging the accused, an experienced lawyer may be able to get the charges dismissed. This defense can be used if the officer does not have a valid reason for stopping or arresting the accused or fails to properly follow arrest procedures.
As you can see, there are a variety of strategies that an experienced attorney like those at Smith & Eulo may employ to counter driving with suspended license charges. We use the latest legal tactics and decades of experience to craft customized defense strategies for our clients.
The Importance of Selecting the Right Florida Defense Lawyer for Driving with a Suspended License
Selecting the right defense lawyer is critical when facing charges for driving with a suspended license. Not only do you need someone who is familiar with Florida law and experienced in handling these types of cases, but you also want an attorney who will zealously defend your interests and be there every step of the way.
Choosing a defense attorney for your driving with a suspended license case in Florida is not a decision to be taken lightly. This individual will be your front line of defense and your primary source of guidance throughout a complicated and potentially stressful process.
Therefore, it’s crucial to select an attorney who is not only versed in the laws of Florida but also experienced in dealing with cases similar to yours. An attorney with this level of expertise will be able to develop a comprehensive defense strategy tailored to your unique situation.
They’ll understand the ins and outs of Florida’s traffic laws, potential penalties, and the best tactics to challenge the prosecution’s evidence. More importantly, a well-qualified attorney will be able to communicate effectively with you, educating you on your rights and the legal process.
We’re Here to Support You When You Need It Most
Facing charges for driving with a suspended license in Florida can be a challenging and overwhelming experience. Remember, you’re not alone. Our team at Smith & Eulo is here to support, advise, and tirelessly defend you.
We have the knowledge, experience, and dedication necessary to help you navigate this complex process. Contact us today for a consultation, and let us start building a strong defense strategy for you. Don’t let a suspended license charge disrupt your life any more than it has to. Let’s fight this together!