Spouse Visa Lawyers Florida

Being far away from your loved ones can be challenging, especially if you have family left behind in your home country, or if the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, doesn’t reside in the United States. You want to bring them with you, but you might need to familiarize yourself with the process. If you have a green card or are a citizen of the United States, you can legally migrate your spouse or fiancé to join you. You can hire a Spouse visa lawyer in Florida to help you understand the procedures, so you can finally reunite with your other half.

spouse visa lawyer florida

To get a spouse visa for your family member, you must sponsor them so they can legally enter the United States and take up residence. With more and more people migrating to the U.S. to find better lives, you should ask for help from a Florida Spouse visa lawyer to know all the specifics.

Fortunately, Smith & Eulo has a team of excellent lawyers specializing in Immigration Law. Therefore, they know how to handle cases such as yours. Before that, it’s best to learn more about spouse visas here.

What is a Spouse Visa?

Under Immigration Law, a spouse visa allows the U.S. citizen or green card holder to bring their married spouse into the country for legal immigration status. This visa is officially known as an “immigrant” visa. Your family member can get a Green Card if they pass all the entry requirements from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The procedures for getting a spouse visa can be complicated. There are many factors to consider, requirements to provide, and other vital details to successfully file for a spouse visa. That’s why having a Spouse visa attorney in Florida from Smith & Eulo is essential to ensure you have all the necessary documents and information for your application.

Requirements for Spouse Visas

You must meet several requirements for the application to be approved. Here are some of the things that you need to provide:

  • The sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
  • The sponsor and the applicant must be married and prove they are married. They can show a marriage certificate and additional proof to verify the marriage is bona fide. The marriage should be for genuine reasons and not evade the U.S. immigration law.
  • The sponsor must prove they can financially support the applicant or their spouse by meeting at least the minimum federal poverty guidelines. But there are cases where the sponsor doesn’t qualify. During these cases, a co-sponsor is necessary. A parent or a close relative is viable. If there’s no co-sponsor, the sponsor can show real estate assets, cash in the bank, or investments.

The requirements mentioned are crucial to ensure your spouse becomes eligible for approval. A spouse visa lawyer in Florida can guide you through this process to ensure that you have met all the requirements mentioned.

Importance of consulting with a lawyer for a Spouse visa Defense in Florida

Having a lawyer by your side can help you understand how to apply for a spouse visa. They have the capacity and ability to guide you through the complex Immigration Law so you can understand the eligibility requirements that you must pass for your married spouse to be brought to the United States.

With a lawyer, you may get some specific information regarding the application. It can become time-consuming since you will have to go back and forth. Without proper guidance, you can put your application at risk of failure.

How to bring your spouse to the United States

There are some factors you must consider beforehand to ensure your spouse qualifies. Here is some important information you shouldn’t miss:

If you’re a U.S. Citizen & your spouse is in the U.S.

You can apply by filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status simultaneously.

If you’re a U.S. Citizen & outside the U.S. with your spouse

Apply by filing Form I-130 and Petition for Alien Relative. Once Form I-130 is approved, it will be sent for consular processing. After that, the consulate or the embassy will notify you and provide further processing information.

If you’re a Green Card Holder & your spouse is in the U.S.

File for Form I-130 and Petition for Alien Relative. Once there’s an available visa number, apply for Form I-485

If you’re a Green Card Holder & outside the U.S. with your spouse

File Form I-130 and Petition for Alien Relative. Once Form I-130 is approved with a visa available, it will be sent for consular processing. After that, the consulate or the embassy will notify you and provide further processing information.

How long is the process for a Spouse Visa?

The process for Form I-130 can usually take from four months up to four years for the immigration petition to be approved by the USCIS. You can check your visa status on the Case Status page for more information. Following the approval of Form I-130, you will need to wait for another four to six months for the process at the U.S. consulate.

Remember that these waiting times may change depending on the policy changes. It’s best to check on your application periodically to see if it has been approved. Once you’re done applying for the immigration visa, it will be a waiting game.

Bring your loved one home with the help of a lawyer

If you want to bring your spouse to the United States, specifically Florida, it makes sense to hire an immigration lawyer to help you out. If you need to be better versed in the process, a lawyer will guide you while ensuring you’re eligible. It’s their job to help you get your application approved. Just make sure you have all requirements.

Smith & Eulo have lawyers specializing in immigration visas, such as spouse visas. If you have any questions regarding immigration law or how to acquire one for your loved one, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll find a solution for your every problem.

We Serve Florida

Available 24/7

Contact Us Today!