Manslaughter Defense Lawyer Tampa, FL
Ensuring Your Legal Rights
Manslaughter Defense Lawyer, Tampa FL
Are you facing manslaughter charges in Tampa, FL? You need a skilled and knowledgeable defense lawyer to fight for your rights. At our law firm, we understand the gravity of the situation and are here to provide experienced legal representation.
Our team has extensive experience defending clients against manslaughter charges in Tampa, Florida. We have successfully represented many clients over the years and will use our expertise to help you get the best possible outcome for your case.
With us on your side, you can rest assured that all aspects of your case will be thoroughly investigated and defended with vigor. Read on to learn more about why you need an expert manslaughter defense lawyer in Tampa, FL.
Definition of Manslaughter in Tampa, FL
Before we discuss why you need a defense lawyer, let’s look at what manslaughter is. Manslaughter is a term used for an illegal act of causing someone’s death without intending to cause serious harm or kill them. It is considered less morally wrong than first- or second-degree murder because there was no intent to harm or kill.
There are two types of manslaughter: voluntary and involuntary. Knowing the differences between them is important when it comes to defending yourself against manslaughter charges.
Voluntary manslaughter is when someone intentionally kills another person in the heat of passion without prior intent to do so. The term “heat of passion” can have different meanings depending on the situation. Still, it typically describes a strong emotion that a reasonable person would feel when provoked.
Involuntary manslaughter happens when a person dies because of the defendant’s illegal act that is not a major crime or due to the defendant’s carelessness or recklessness. Voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter differ primarily based on the intent of the perpetrator. In involuntary manslaughter, the victim’s death is unintentional.
Contact Us Today!
Penalties and Consequences of Manslaughter
Manslaughter is a serious crime and carries severe penalties. In Florida, manslaughter is a serious offense under a second-degree felony. If found guilty, the offender may face a maximum sentence of fifteen years in prison, fifteen years of probation, and a fine of $10,000.
If someone is convicted of manslaughter under the Criminal Punishment Code, it is considered a Level 7 offense. Unless the judge has valid reasons to give a lesser sentence, the convicted person must be sentenced to a minimum of 9 ¼ years in prison. Even so, the defendant could receive a maximum sentence of 15 years in jail from the judge.
In addition to the prison sentences and probation, other potential penalties may be imposed on someone who is found guilty of manslaughter. This might include significant monetary penalties, losing the privilege to drive temporarily or permanently, and performing unpaid work for the benefit of the community.
Why You Need a Manslaughter Defense Lawyer in Tampa, FL
If you’re facing manslaughter charges in Tampa, FL, your best bet is to hire an experienced lawyer. At Smith & Eulo, we understand that everyone deserves quality legal representation. We will work hard to build a solid defense and ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Here are some of the reasons why you need a Tampa, FL, manslaughter defense lawyer:
- A lawyer can help you understand the legal process. Manslaughter cases are complex and involve many moving parts, so it’s important to have an attorney who knows the ins and outs of the law.
- With a lawyer on your side, you’ll have someone who can negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf. Your attorney will fight to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
- Having a skilled lawyer on your side gives you peace of mind knowing that everything is handled professionally and with due diligence.
These are just a few of the reasons why you need a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Tampa, FL. Trust us when it comes to defending your rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Strategies Used by Experienced Manslaughter Defense Lawyers in Tampa, FL
At this point, you might be wondering what strategies a manslaughter defense attorney in Tampa, FL, might use to defend you. A competent defense attorney will use diverse tactics to safeguard and defend your rights.
Here are some of the tactics used by lawyers to build an effective defense:
- Thorough investigation: Your attorney will investigate all aspects of your case and uncover any evidence that could be beneficial to you.
- Expert witnesses: Expert witnesses are used to challenge the prosecution’s claims and provide a different perspective on the case.
- Plea bargains: If your lawyer believes a plea bargain is in your best interest, they will negotiate with prosecutors and try to get you a reduced sentence or less severe charges.
- Presenting evidence: A lawyer will carefully analyze evidence to identify any inconsistencies or flaws in the prosecution’s case and use them to your advantage.
- Duress or necessity: If you acted in self-defense or out of duress, your lawyers will present this and argue for a lesser sentence.
- Alibi: If you weren’t present when the crime was committed, your lawyer would try to prove it.
Professional defense attorneys in Tampa, FL, may use additional strategies to defend you, but these just are a few examples. Our team at Smith & Eulo will work with you and develop a defense strategy tailored to your case.
Let Us Help You With Your Manslaughter Defense Case in Tampa, FL
At Smith & Eulo Law Firm, we understand that facing manslaughter charges can be an overwhelming experience. That is why our team of attorneys is here to help you protect your rights and build a strong defense for your case. We’ve resolved cases in Florida for years, so you can trust us to provide quality legal representation.
We commit to building the best defense strategy for your case and fighting for a fair outcome. With our help, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. Call us today if you need assistance with defending yourself against manslaughter charges in Tampa, FL! Don’t wait any longer. Get the defense you deserve today.