Gotha Criminal Defense Lawyer
Gotha is a great suburb to live in around the city of Orlando. Though the FBI does not report crime statistics for Gotha, it is estimated that the overall crime rate is almost five times lower than the national average, and it is widely considered to be one of the safest neighborhoods in the state of Florida.
Despite this, no town is perfect, and crime still happens in Gotha. If you or someone you know has been arrested in Gotha, contact Smith and Eulo Law Firm for the best criminal defense attorneys in the Orlando area.
White collar crimes in Gotha
White collar crimes are often referred to as “corporate crimes.” This blanket term involves crimes like embezzlement, fraud, bribery, insider trading, and other crimes that are usually associated with running a business. Because the residents of Gotha have a higher income per capita relative to the rest of Florida. They are more likely to be charged with white collar crimes. The most common white collar crimes committed are:
- Fraud: The state of Florida ranks number one in the entire United States for instances of fraud. Fraud is defined as the intentional use of deceit, a trick, or the use of other dishonest means to deprive another person of their money, property, or legal rights. Fraud comes in many forms, like insurance fraud, worker’s comp fraud, healthcare fraud, and hundreds more. Frad can result in a sentence of life in prison in extreme cases.
- Embezzlement: While Florida has no specific statute for embezzlement, the crime falls under Florida’s theft laws, and the penalties associated with theft are applied for this crime. Folrida’s theft law is defined as the unauthorized use or taking of another person’s property, with the intent to deprive the owner of the property.
- Identity theft: Florida has many different laws concerning anyone fraudulently who uses, or possesses with intent to fraudulently use, someone else’s personally identifying information without their consent. The penalties handed down depend on the circumstances, like the amount stolen, number of people involved, and the victim’s age. If convicted of some form of identity theft, an individual can face anywhere from one year to life in prison.
Being convicted of a white collar crime can come with severe penalties, and hefty monetary fines. A criminal charge can also seriously impact your professional career. If you are facing accusations of any white collar crime, contact Smith and Eulo Law Firm for a free legal consultation!
Hiring a criminal defense lawyer in Gotha
The Orlando area has hundreds of criminal defense lawyers, so how do you know which firm is right for you? At Smith and Eulo Law Firm, we believe you should know what to look for when hiring the best criminal defense lawyer for your case. When weighing your options, you should look for these qualities to find a great criminal defense lawyer in Gotha:
- Practice areas. The right criminal defense lawyer should practice in the area specific to your case. For instance, if you are facing charges of theft, you should look for a criminal defense attorney that is well versed in defending cases of theft.
- Experience. While lack of experience does not necessarily mean a lawyer is not qualified to handle your case, the more experience the lawyer has in your field, the better. Nothing prepares a lawyer for a certain case quit like having defended a similar case.
- Testimonials. How clients feel about their experience with a certain law firm can be a great indication that the firm is a good fit for you. A great criminal defense lawyer should have plenty of testimonials from satisfied clients, and you can scan these results to see if any past clients have had a positive/negative experience with a case like yours.
Smith and Eulo Law Firm practices in a wide variety of areas concerning criminal law. With over a decade of defending clients in the Orlando area, our criminal defense attorneys have defended all types of criminal cases. With hundreds of clients served, our testimonials speak to how we handle each and every case. If you or someone you know has been charged with a crime in Gotha, contact Smith and Eulo Law Firm and see how our criminal defense attorneys can assist your case!