Early Termination of Probation
(3) If the probationer has performed satisfactorily, has not been found in violation of any terms or conditions of supervision, and has met all financial sanctions imposed by the court, including, but not limited to, fines, court costs, and restitution, the Department of Corrections may recommend early termination of probation to the court at any time before the scheduled termination date
Interested in Termination of Your Probation?
- If you have completed a good portion of your probation (preferably half) and have zero outstanding court debts and have no conditions of probation outstanding, then you may be a good candidate for early termination of probation.
- It’s important to know what conditions you were required to do and what conditions you have completed.
- Talk to a criminal defense lawyer in Orlando to see if he believes your case qualifies for early termination of probation.
- If it does, then that lawyer can file a motion for Early Termination of Probation.
- Once that motion is filed, the lawyer will then contact the JA (judicial assistant) and set up a hearing time on your motion.
- Your lawyer will likely talk to the State Attorney prior to the hearing to see if they have an objection to early termination of probation.
- If all conditions of probation are satisfied, then it’s unlikely the State will object to an early termination.
- Most lawyers will handle “early termination of probation” matters for a reasonable monetary amount.
- If in doubt about your rights, and interested in terminating your probation, call the Smith & Eulo Law Firm. (407) 930-8912